A Look Back at 2015...
As 2015 comes to an end, and a new year is upon us, we want to take a moment recap a few of the moments that made this past year a special one.
- In January, we introduced the ‘TMC Home Team’ Facebook page, geared toward providing support to the wives, partners and significant others of our hard-working drivers. The group now has over 200 members and serves as a sense of community for those who love a TMC driver.
- In the spring, long-time driver Danny Cagle was named as the 2014 Wheel Master, a prestigious honor recognizing only the best of the best.
- TMC was in attendance at the U.S. Department of Labor’s White House Upskill Summit that took place in Washington D.C. in April among 20 other companies being recognized for committing to a successful apprenticeship program.
- TMC takes pride in hiring our nation’s heroes, and in addition to our quality apprenticeship program, it got a little sweeter this year for Military veterans with the recent bump in the VA payout.
- In May, we announced a pay guarantee of $1000 per week for the first eight weeks that new hire drivers are in their trucks in an effort to take a load off these new drivers while they navigate through this adjustment period.
- TMC took a trip back to Washington D.C. in July, this time to be recognized by the George W. Bush Institute’s Military Service Initiative and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring our Heroes program for our outstanding efforts to employ Military veterans.
- Our drivers are the backbone of the company, and when they are dedicated to doing their job safely, we all succeed. This summer we unveiled a new award to be bestowed to each one of TMC’s 181 drivers that have driven one million or more safe miles.
- In August, TMC driver Jeremy DeGarmo was named as a top ten finalist in the Mike O’Connell Memorial Trucking’s Top Rookie contest. He attended the ceremony held during the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas, Texas.
- Our annual Driver Appreciation Week festivities took place in September with a variety of activities, contests and prizes geared toward appreciating our the drivers that keep TMC moving toward success.
- Once again this year TMC was present in full force at the annual Special Olympics Convoy that was held in our own backyard in Des Moines. Our drivers and their families had a great time representing TMC in what is dubbed as the ‘World’s Largest Truck Convoy’.
- October marked our second anniversary of becoming an employee-owned company. We also celebrated National Employee Ownership Month with exciting events and activities for our employee-owners to participate in.
- On the 21st of October, TMC had the incredible honor of pulling the Vietnam Memorial Wall half-scale replica, “The Wall That Heals,” into a ceremony celebrating Vietnam veterans at the United States Military Academy at West Point. Tenured TMC driver and Vietnam vet, David Wheeler, was the force behind this honorable task.
- In November, TMC held a groundbreaking ceremony for the new Indianapolis terminal. The new state-of-the-art facility will house office space, a massive shop as well as a driver lounge.
- Finally, we rounded out the year with some good old-fashioned office fun as we celebrated the holidays.
2015 was a year to remember, and we can’t wait to see what 2016 has to bring. From our family to yours, happy New Year!