I live in New York State. Is it true that I must have a Metals Endorsement on my CDL?

Yes. New York Vehicle and Traffic laws require that any commercial driver who is licensed in NYS and who transports metal coils must have a Metal Coil endorsement (identified as the code "M") on his/her New York Commercial Driver License (CDL). TMC does not require that you have this endorsement prior to attending orientation, but we strongly encourage you to do so because we do transport metal coils in New York. Failure to have this endorsement could interfere with your home time and the loads we can offer you. 

 Back To FAQ

Drive It Like You Own It.

Apply Now