TMC is known for its top-notch, thorough flatbed training program.
Our program is recognized as one of the best. TMC's Class A driver training is one of the few on-the-job truck driver training programs in the country - approved by the Department of Labor as a certified Heavy Truck Driver Apprenticeship program.
TMC's in-house CDL Training is a three week program that educates you in all the basics required to obtain a Class A license. TMC will help transfer your CDL to your state of residency upon completion. The training facilities in Des Moines, Iowa and Columbia, South Carolina include classrooms with computers for each student, spacious break areas, and training yards where drivers will hone their driving and flatbed load securement skills. We are proud to offer our students four driving simulators (Des Moines only). This latest technology allows us to simulate a lifetime of hazards in a safe manner. The in-house training will go as followed:
- Your first 7 days (Mon-Sun) is a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on load securement training.
- Your second 7 days (Mon-Sun) are equipment familiarization and learning how to complete a thorough DOT Pre-Trip Inspection along with backing and driving instruction.
- Your remaining 5 days (Mon-Fri) are a continuation of the second week, followed by your testing for your Class A CDL.
Drivers will enjoy staying at a quality-minded, company-paid hotel facility during their time in CDL training. At the successful completion of your three week program, you will then be integrated into our four week over-the-road training phase with a driver trainer. While you are in our CDL training program, you do receive $500 per week while you are in training and with a driver trainer.
- No upfront cost to you!
- All you need to have prior to attending is your CDL Learners permit from your state of residence. This permit involves a written test, no driving
- Best-in-Class Training - TMC has been training students for almost 30 years
- We provide transportation to training, lodging while training, and some of your meals (contact recruiting for more details)
- TMC takes care of all the Class A transfer paperwork back to your state of residency
- Guaranteed job placement at the completion of the program via our value/exchange philosophy
- Medical/Dental/Vision/401k/Employee Stock Ownership Plan available upon hire and established waiting periods
- Fully-loaded Peterbilt Tractor with your name on the driver side door
TMC offers In-House CDL-A Training for select applicants. Our CDL programs are located in Des Moines, Iowa and Columbia, South Carolina.
WHY CHOOSE TMC?
Weekend Home Time
Top Quality Peterbilt Equipment
Flatbed Training with Experts in Safety and Load Securement
Drivers who work for TMC must obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License. Obtaining your Class A CDL is a great investment, whether you attend TMC's in-house Class A CDL Certification program or through your local CDL school. If you prefer to attend a truck driving school locally, you can view a list of truck driving schools in your area with our CDL School Finder tool. TMC also offers tuition reimbursement! Feel free to call us with any questions at 800.247.2862.
Ready to obtain your Class A CDL and a high quality trucking job with TMC? Call us today at 800.247.2862 or apply now!
Answers to your questions!
TRUCKING PROVIDES YOU THE OPPORTUNITIES AND EARNINGS THAT WILL GET YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO BE.
Essential Job Functions Assessment
Detailed TMC Essential Job Functions
ALREADY SCHEDULED FOR ORIENTATION?
COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA CDL ORIENTATION CHECKLIST
DES MOINES, IOWA CDL ORIENTATION CHECKLIST