TMC IS IMMEDIATELY HIRING!
FIND OUT MORE HERE or APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
SEE OUR HIRING MAP.
driven by excellence
RECENT DRIVING SCHOOL GRADUATE OR LIMITED cLASS a EXPERIENCE?
TMC offers an orientation and flatbed training program just for you! We've been training apprentice drivers for over 25 years.
Our student driver (apprentice) training program is recognized as one of the best in the country. Our program is one of the few on-the-job truck driver training programs in the country approved by the Department of Labor as a certified Heavy Truck Driver Apprenticeship program.
If you are already enrolled in a CDL training program and are interested in joining our team after you graduate, or you have limited experience:
- Call us at 800.247.2862 for more information OR
- Obtain a TMC application from your school, fill it out, and have them send it to us OR
- Complete our apprentice driver application
Once you have submitted an application, be sure to call the Recruiting Department within a couple of days to verify that we received your application and to be introduced to the recruiter assigned to your application.
Orientation & Training
Orientation is two weeks at one of our training facilities located in Des Moines, Iowa or Columbia, South Carolina. Orientation is followed by five weeks over-the-road (OTR) with a Driver Trainer (4 weeks if you have an Automatic Transmission restriction printed on your Class A CDL). Home time is important to us, so we try our best to pair you with a trainer that lives within 150 miles of your home so you can enjoy your weekends with friends or family.
- Your first 7 days (Mon-Sun) is a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on load securement training.
- Your remaining 5 days (Mon-Fri) are equipment familiarization where you have the opportunity to become comfortable operating our trucks/trailers before going OTR with a Driver Trainer.
Apprentice drivers are paid $650 per week during orientation and OTR training with one of our certified flatbed driver trainers. Please contact a recruiter for more details.
- Weekend Home Time
- Industry-Leading Pay
- First year drivers can make up to $88,000!
- Top Quality Peterbilt Equipment
- Flatbed Training with Experts in Safety and Load Securement
Visit our Veteran Page!
TMC IS EMPLOYEE-OWNED
Don't just settle for yet another job. Very few companies in the U.S. are Employee-Owned. TMC is proud to be one of those few.
We became Employee-Owned in 2013. As of the latest share price (2019), the average account balance for fully-vested drivers is a staggering $75,984!! TMC's share price has increased 230% since 2013! And all this comes to you at NO cost.
Essential Job Functions Assessment
Detailed TMC Essential Job Functions
ALREADY SCHEDULED FOR ORIENTATION?
Columbia, South Carolina Apprentice Orientation Checklist
Des Moines, Iowa Apprentice Orientation Checklist