TMC has been committed to training CDL school graduates since 1993. Our student driver training program is recognized as one of the best and is one of the few on-the-job truck driver training programs in the country approved by the Department of Labor as a certified Heavy Truck Driver Apprenticeship program. Student drivers are paid $600 per week while training at TMC, from orientation right on through your over-the-road training with one of our certified flatbed driver trainers. There are also bonuses during this period. Please contact a recruiter for details.
While we do offer mileage pay, TMC will help you excel with our percentage performance pay program, which pays more than traditional per-mile programs!
If you are already enrolled in a CDL training program and are interested in joining our team after you graduate:
- Call us at 800.247.2862 extension 2 for more information OR
- Obtain a TMC application from your school, fill it out and have them send it to us OR
- Fill out our student driver application
Once you have submitted an application, be sure to call the Recruiting Department within a couple of days to verify that we received your application and to get introduced to the recruiter assigned to your application.
Orientation & Training
Training is conducted at our training facilities either in Des Moines, Iowa or Columbia, South Carolina. Orientation is two weeks, followed by five weeks over-the-road (OTR) with a Driver Trainer.
- Your first 7 days (Mon-Sun) is a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on load securement training.
- Your remaining 5 days (Mon-Fri) are equipment familiarization where you have the opportunity to become comfortable operating our trucks/trailers before going OTR with a Driver Trainer.
GENERAL HIRING AREA
Why I drive
Essential Job Functions Assessment
Detailed TMC Essential Job Functions
ALREADY SCHEDULED FOR ORIENTATION?
Columbia, South Carolina Apprentice Orientation Checklist
Des Moines, Iowa Apprentice Orientation Checklist