TMC is Committed to Training CDL School Graduates
Our student driver training program is recognized as one of the best in the country. Our program is one of the few on-the-job truck driver training programs in the country approved by the Department of Labor as a certified Heavy Truck Driver Apprenticeship program. Read more about the benefits of in-house CDL training with TMC on our blog.
If you are already enrolled in a CDL training program and are interested in joining our team after you graduate:
- Call us at 800.247.2862 for more information OR
- Obtain a TMC application from your school, fill it out, and have them send it to us OR
- Fill out our student driver application
Once you have submitted an application, be sure to call the Recruiting Department within a couple of days to verify that we received your application and to get introduced to the recruiter assigned to your application.
Orientation & Training
Orientation is two weeks at one of our training facilities in Des Moines, Iowa or Columbia, South Carolina. This phase of training is followed by five weeks over-the-road (OTR) with a Driver Trainer. Home time is important to us, so we try our best to pair you with a trainer that lives within 150 miles of you so you can enjoy your weekends with family.
- Your first 7 days (Mon-Sun) is a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on load securement training.
- Your remaining 5 days (Mon-Fri) are equipment familiarization where you have the opportunity to become comfortable operating our trucks/trailers before going OTR with a Driver Trainer.
Student drivers are paid $600 per week of orientation and on the road training with one of our certified flatbed driver trainers. Please contact a recruiter for more details.
GENERAL HIRING AREA
Essential Job Functions Assessment
Detailed TMC Essential Job Functions
ALREADY SCHEDULED FOR ORIENTATION?
Columbia, South Carolina Apprentice Orientation Checklist
Des Moines, Iowa Apprentice Orientation Checklist